Monday, July 13, 2015

My Finished Plywood Floor


Finished stained plywood flooring

As you can see I desperately needed a floor:
But I needed a very lightweight floor at added strength to the existing floor. As you can see in the above picture there is a seem between the two sheets of plywood. These two sheets were starting to come up in the middle because of the weight of the walls.

So I opted to glue and screw some new plywood over it, but I decided to give it a makeover first. 

I bought the cheapest plywood Lowes had and some stain.

I cut it out to fit. I put it in place and tested the fit. Then I measured out and scratched fake boards on it. 

Then I pulled it out and sanded it really well. Then I drew the grooves in again with a pen—going over it again and again until it left dark grooves in the wood. Then I stained it with two coats and installed it. 




Charlie my robot is happy with her new floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog post. I sure appreciate it : )